Friday 1 March 2013

A very formal 21st birthday...OOTD

My hair on the left, my housemate's hair on the right
(which got repinned after this photo!)

Hi all,

First of all you'll have to bear with me on the blog front at the moment (10 points if you know the phrase "Bear with....bear with...bear with.) My final year of uni is incredibly busy and i plan to blog a whole lot more once i graduate in July (eeeeekkkkk.)

So anyways i went to a big formal 21st birthday the other week. I'm talking hiring out a bar and a £1000 bar tab for us! It was such a nice, different type of evening full of talking, singing and wine! 

My outfit
So first of all i wore this dress from Oasis-total bargain and i absolutely love it! Its a blue-with-a-hint-of-green peplum strapless dress with a gold belt! I'd seriously recommend it if you have an event to go to! I wore it with some old flat metallic shoes (since i'm 5"11 anyways!) from new look, this style of earrings (but in gold) and this bag! Though i had to by a size down in the dress so would recommend you doing the same!   

My hair
I followed the basics from this tutorial by swalkermakeup. I'd used this hair style for a uni ball i went to a couple of years ago, so knew it was easy and that i liked the outcome! All you do is curl all your hair, tie it into a low ponytail and then pin the curls up using bobby pins! I love this outcome as i like updos that sit lower on your head that you can see from the front!

My make-up
I kept it pretty simple. Unfortunately i don't have any good pics of my make-up but from what i remember i used MAC prolongwear foundation (which had some flashback- don't recommend for photography!), a variety of concealers, MAC MSFN, No 7. Blush in Soft Damsen, Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Permenant Taupe, Urban Decay eyeshadows in Verve, Tease and Blackout, Bobbi Brown eyeshadow in Bone as a brow highlight and MAC Nylon as an inner corner highlight, liquid eyeliner, mascara and eyeliner, lipbalm and my favourite Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle! 


Hope you enjoyed my little post! Speak to you soon,
Becky xoxo

2 comments:

  1. happy late birthday!! mine was wednesday and i am going out tonight to celebrate it :D i love your hair, sounds asi f you had a great time :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not 21 til june! This was my friend's 21st! Hope you enjoy your 18th celebrations :D xxx

      Delete